Credit Union Teller
Sorry, this job has expired.
Saint Louis, MO
First Missouri Credit Union is now hiring a Teller.
As the Teller, your responsibility is to serve the Credit Union membership in person and via telephone efficiently, effectively and accurately. You will also educate the membership on the Credit Union’s various products and services.
• High school diploma or GED
• 1 year of experience
• Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction.
• Ability to operate with minimal supervision.
• Ability to make sound business decisions in accordance with CU policies and philosophy and federal/state regulations and standards required.
• Must have a high comfort level with being empowered to make decisions to deliver member satisfaction.
• Receive and process members’ financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, cash advances, check cashing, money orders, and cashier’s checks.
• Examine checks and requests for withdrawal for endorsements and negotiability.
• Balance cash drawer and make settlement of day’s activities.
• Balance ATM machine, cash, deposits, and general ledger accounts associated with the ATM.
• Daily balancing of money orders and general ledger account associated with money order sales.
• Suggest credit union services that meet member needs by continually demonstrating a strong desire to inform and educate the membership.
• Provide members with solutions to financial needs using credit union products and services and/or refer members to appropriate representative for additional information.
• Welcome members to the credit union and provide routine information concerning services in accordance with credit union policies.
• Keep all member and credit union business strictly confidential.
• Provide back-up coverage/clerical support to other departments when necessary.
• Complete necessary ongoing training to remain up-to-date on current credit union processes, procedures, and programs as necessary.
• Attend/participate in FMCU Annual Meeting and other CU community events.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 55 lbs.
• Must be able to bend, squat, twist, and reach at or above shoulder level.
• Sound perception ability.
• Ability to speak verbally.
• Ability to see vision up to 20 ft.
• Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
• Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:30pm
• Friday 8:30am-6:30pm
• Saturday 8:30am-12:30pm
You will be required to work 3 out of 4 Saturdays per month.
First Missouri Credit Union was the first credit union to be chartered in the state in 1927. As a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative, all members share in the net profits of the credit union by receiving dividends on their savings. These savings, in turn, are pooled to make low-cost loans to fellow members.
First Missouri Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Credit Union will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.